Thursday, December 10, 2015

Go hard in the gym

In May of 2016, it will be ten years since I graduated high school (if that gives you an idea of my age). I work out two to three times a week with a trainer, and he kicks my tail every time. I have been a gym rat since I was 14 years old.  In the afternoon, volleyball players come in to work out with the same trainer. I watch them whine and complain during their workouts, question everything the trainer has them do, and look for ways to get out of doing what is asked. It's not just the players in this gym either. Working in a school last year, I saw male and female athletes for basketball, baseball, softball, track and field, and soccer attempt to workout (if I dare call it that). They do a few bench presses, some arm curls, and maybe a squat or two, most complaining away. I understand that not everything is fun or comfortable in the gym. Training your body to reach maximum performance is no joke, and can be challenging for sure! Is there really a need to complain the whole time? At least half of these kids would say they are wanting to play their sport in college, yet they won't work hard enough to transform their bodies to be the best they can be. I should not be going harder than younger athletes. Go hard in the gym! Give your best. Don't be outdone by older athletes. Stop complaining. You aren't going to die from doing hamstring curls at 30 pounds for 50 reps. Make the most out of each work out! Go hard or go home!   

No comments:

Post a Comment