Friday, February 5, 2016

Winning: More than Talent

We are in the heart of club volleyball season as we enter the first weekend of February. Most all club teams are playing this weekend. Some in regional tournaments and some in two day format. There can only be one winning team per age group this weekend. Odds may not be in your favor. Winning is more than just talent. You may have a stacked team and you may only have one or two good players.  Winning is more than medals at the end of the tournament. Winning can be measured in how much you got better and well you performed. Ask yourself, did I support my team? Did I bring my best to my team (on the floor and on the sideline)? Did I pull my weight? If yes to any of those or all then you are a winner. Talent is great and I believe that everyone should push to be the very best that they can be. I also believe in winning small victories and looking for the winning moments along the way. I wish everyone the best of luck and I hope you win. Win the tournament if you can and if not win the personal battles of growth and development.  Have a heart of a champion and do your best!

For more information
Check out facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment