Tuesday, July 5, 2016

What can you do!

Since I first discovered this quote 10 years ago as a budding college athlete, it has been one of the best quotes to me. Maybe, I was struggling with the skills I couldn't perform as well as others or maybe I was trying to motivate myself to keep working hard on what I was good at but regardless I fell in love with this quote.  Let's look at it together!

                                 Don't let what you can't do stop you from doing what you can do.

Wow! What powerful words. "Don't let what you can't do" There will always be something we can't do. There are things I can never do. As an athlete height is very important.  I will never be 6"4'... I can pretend. I can wear heels, I can even stretch out as much as possible yet at night when I go to sleep... I am still 5"9'. I can't change that. 
"stop you from doing what you can do" I maybe wasn't the tallest girl on the floor but I was strong. I knew I was strong. I knew that pound for pound I was stronger than any other player I would face. I gave up the height at the net but bless God I was going to push the ball through your block (as a hitter). 
What are you letting hold you back? What can't you do that you are so focused on that you forget all the good things you can do? Maybe you are very fast, smart, hard working, tall, short, strong, quick, and whatever else you could be!  Whatever you can do.... again... WHATEVER YOU CAN DO do it! Don't let what you can't do hold you back! 

Be great today! Be your best today! Do what you can do and work on what you can't do!

No comments:

Post a Comment